Thursday, December 8, 2011

Goings On Around Our Hood

As we get ready for Christmas I have been enjoying life inside as it has been really cold here lately. Well, cold for me. I've lived in Texas all my life so anything below 50 is cold to me. So you can imagine how I feel when it's in the thirties, like it's been all week.

So, anyway, as I sit here in my 42 layers of clothing, I thought I'd share some of the goings on around here and show you what we have been enjoying.

First, off we have been wearing jackets and decorating our tree. No silly, that's not our tree. It's something I slipped in there. Did I fool you? I'll post up pics of the (real) tree later:


We've been eating yummy food like chicken piccata with fettuccine. Yes, I know what the bowl says but it's not ravioli. I promise:


I've been crocheting like crazy. This one is mine. I know, I know, it sounds selfish but I really almost never keep anything I make and this is my favorite color and I'll be around a LOT of people in the next few weeks with opportunities to take pictures so I thought it would be a good chance to show off the wares. Then, when they are like "who made that fabulous crocheted camera strap cover, I'll be like BAM, I did. and I'll make you one too, sir or madam". 


And I'm working on making a crocheted Nook cover a friend asked me to make in anticipation of getting one for Christmas. Since I've never made one and I could not find the perfect pattern, of course I had to come up with my own. I think I'll be adding a strap & brown button to this one too. Now, I just need to find someone that already owns one to make sure it fits okay as I only went by the specs I found on the interwebs:



I would also LOVE to try my hand at these:


Source: purlbee.com via Pamela on Pinterest


I found the pattern over at The Purl Bee and they look relatively simple to make. I don't know if you can tell but the letters are cross-stitched on and other than that it's really just simple sewing. I figured Ella could do her own. I used to cross-stitch way back in the day and it is pretty easy, especially just a letter like this. I may even have Audrey give it a go. I was thinking they could give them to their teacher's for a teacher gift before they are out on break and if they turn out well we may just make more for friends when we hand out our annual cookie/goodie bags. 

Sigh. So many ideas, so little time. Being as craft-minded as I am I would just love to sit down and make everything for everyone on my list but I know I don't have that much extra time so a few will have to do for now. 

Do you guys make any of your own gifts? What have you done or plan to do?


I'm joining in on the Facebook Hop today. Hi to any newbs that clicked on over from there. Welcome!


2 comments:

  1. hey there! i'm loving this post! you crotchet, me too {well kinda:/} your newest follower now!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nay. Thanks for following. -Pam

    ReplyDelete