Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Making My Way Back

I'm back y'all, i'm back y'all! Soooo, I know I've been MIA for a while but I had to get back to all my lovely peeps today! You see, Christmas nearly put me out! Don't get me wrong, I love everything about it but something just had to give. I haven't been to the gym in 3 weeks (yikes) and no matter how hard I tried I could not find any time to write up a post without sacrificing something else. So, I just put it aside for a while keeping in mind that I would come back this week, after all the craziness of the holidays.

I let my girls sleep in today after a crazy night of playing Wii games WAY too late. Okay, I was playing too. Just Dance 3 baby! I can't not join in. I mentioned here once that I love to dance, and you can find me bustin a move just about anywhere so as soon as that game is in I'm up and dancing along. Can't hurt to burn off a few of those (millions) of holiday treats that I have consumed too, right?

Here are a few pics of how we spent the last week. The Wednesday before Christmas I started my baking. I baked and baked and baked.... well, you get the picture. Instead of exchanging gifts with all of our neighbors we started exchanging treats several years ago. I like to try & come up with new things so here are a few of this year's goodies:


I baked mini-loaves of fresh bread to go with the apple butter I made. First time canning and nailed it! 


Most all of the neighbors have dogs so I didn't want them to be left out. I gave some to my own dogs, Ace & Romeo too & they went insane! I think I'll keep this recipe around and start making it regularly.


Oreo balls are so easy & amazing. I made these last year and everyone went gaga over them!


I love biscotti. I always make it. This year it was chocolate chip. Can't go wrong with chocolate chip anything!


And, all bagged up and ready to go:


We had my family over on Christmas Eve & Corey's family on Christmas day. The time flew by so fast I can't believe it's over!

Here is Audrey handing out the gifts:


One of my favorite gifts, boot slippers. I wore them nearly all day on Christmas Day. They are so comfy:


Ella with one of her cute new sweaters:


Shhh, don't tell him I put this picture up, but I couldn't help myself. It's Corey wearing Ella's new scarf. LOL He was showing her how to tie it like a regular tie:


And one more of Audrey wearing one of her favorite gifts. Seriously, she wore this thing for 2 straight days! Santa has good taste, eh. 




I hope you all had a wonderful holiday. We are having a nice relaxing week. Hanging out with friends and planning a small get together for New Year's Eve! So I'm off to Pinterest to go search for dip recipes......










No comments:

Post a Comment