Thursday, January 5, 2012

Better Late Than Never

Okay, I know I'm a little behind on the resolution thing but it doesn't mean I don't have goals set in place yet. I have them in mind but it's always good to get them down. I think writing things down and letting other people know what your goals are keeps you more accountable. At least it does for me. I just can't stand telling people I'm going to do something and I don't do it! So here we go:


1. This is THE most important one for me: Get to bed at a reasonable time! I tend to stay up late because my girls aren't in bed until 8:30 & 9. After that is mine and Corey's time and I tend to extend it out because it's when I finally am finished with things for the day and get to stop moving and relax a little. However, I am so exhausted by the end of the week I can't even stay up to enjoy the weekends without a nap or just being out of it, so I think I can get more accomplished and just feel better all around by getting to bed earlier. I even set the alarm on my phone to go off at 10:30 so I know that is when I need to start heading to the bedroom. So far so good!






2. I want to make a goal. Ha. My goal is to make a goal. No, I'm not going bonkers, I'm talking soccer, baby! I joined up for another season. I have played a total of 1 season my whole life and that was last summer. That is the first time I have ever played and I loved it but I knew the fall would be super hectic so I decided not to sign up. Well, I was asked to join up again and I accepted. So now, going to the gym has a another purpose besides just working out. I aim to get at least one this season! Part of that is getting out of the holiday 'eating too much' routine and back to healthier options. I'll be doing another post soon with how I stay fit with what works for me, food & exercise wise so stay tuned on that. (& you're welcome for the eye candy below)


3. I have started a cleaning routine I hope sticks because it seems to be working. This is one area of my life I have never been able to get under control. I can clean, but then life gets in the way and everything else comes before it and I am totally overwhelmed again. I've realized though, a messy house gives me anxiety and then no one in the house is happy when Mom is stressed out! So, I have been doing a routine I found in Pinterest, which is from another blog, My 3 Monsters. She advises you to write down what fits your house but what she has down, for the most part, fits what needs cleaning in my house too, so I'm just following it and I have seen a nice change already.






Source: google.com via Nikki on Pinterest

4. Floss. Well, that one is self-explanatory but I'll confess I went a long time without going to the dentist. Last Spring I finally went after (mumble, mumble) years and I also got my wisdom teeth pulled last summer. I am very happy to report that my teeth are in MUCH better shape then they were when I first went in last year but I really have to force myself to floss every night. I don't know why I have such a hard time with it. But, hey, I have it down on here so now everyone knows so I have to, right?
Source: google.com via Nikki on Pinterest




5. CRAFTS & BLOG: Last year I realized I needed to do something creative. I feel like it is just IN me and so I got some things done, created my Etsy shop, and started this blog. Even though it gets pushed back sometimes with everything going on in this girl's crazy life, I still constantly strive to do more and learn more. It's hard to set specific creative goals because sometimes ideas just come to you. But, I can set aside time to make more items that I have already created patterns for so I will continue with those. A friend of mine asked if I would like to do a craft show this summer with her and I said YES! So, besides getting back to adding more items into my Etsy, I am going to be working on some new things that would sell better in the summer and get those started soon so I can have a good stock by the summer. As for the blog, well, I am going to continue to post, starting to add more recipes because I have realized I haven't really been doing that as well as more of what I've done in the past.





So, the blogging continues. I won't plan out every minute but it is nice to have some goals don't you think? I look forward to being more creative and doing more with my family and friends. Trying to remember I can do anything I want to do, but I can't do everything at the same time.




1 comment:

  1. Found you thru the Bloglovin Hop! Following your adventures now :)

    Love your goals!! I can relate to so many! I NEED to add FLOSS to mine :) And your #1 needs to be my #1 too!! Good luck! I'm sure you will rock it out :)

    ReplyDelete