Sunday, November 20, 2011

Prepping For The Big Day

What's going in your house? Yesterday was a killer day here. I got the chance for extra work so jumped on that (yay extra Christmas money) and in between typing (I'm a transcriptionist) I worked on baking bread, roasting a chicken, and making cupcakes. Makes for a long day!

I haven't made bread in a while but this is my start to Thanksgiving dinner. I use white bread in my cornbread stuffing but it needs to be a little stale so this is my official start to Thanksgiving:



Next, I roasted a chicken to make homemade broth. Doesn't it look like it's saying "I surrender"?



Today was my FIL's birthday and I have been wanting to make these cupcakes for a while. 

Here are a few of the special ingredients.

Mine aren't as pretty but the taste was amazing!



Now, I have the broth bubbling on the stove and tomorrow is the last grocery shopping excursion for the week. I plan to get in there early and not go back for at least a week. I hate crowds so I'm gettin my turkey and gettin outta there quick!

Have you started prepping anything yet?


No comments:

Post a Comment