Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Turkey Day Part I

In honor of my favorite holiday coming up (psst, it's Thanksgiving) I have been searching around for some cute decorations this past week for this happy day. I refuse to listen to Christmas music until we celebrate this wonderful day and I just love these great ideas:

1. This is the first in several table decorations. It's just so simple but will definitely brighten anyone's Thanksgiving table:


Source: google.ca via Pamela on Pinterest


2. How about some garland. You could use it on your Thanksgiving table, the mantle, or anywhere your guests will be:




3. My girls are 10 & 7 so this would be perfect for them to make:




4. I really want to do this one. They are always so shy when it comes time for their turn around the table letting everyone know what they are thankful for, so here is another way they can express their thanks. If you are like me you have a ton of yarn and even if you are not, yarn is cheap and you could use it for other things later:


Source: parents.com via Pamela on Pinterest

5. I wish I could think of a way to use these. They are adorable but with all of the pies & cakes we normally have I'm not sure I could find a good excuse to make them, but I'll keep thinking about it:



6. This, however, is another thing the girls can help prepare while I tackle the harder stuff. You have to have an appetizer while you put all the finishing touches on your meal. You may as well have this:




7. Did I mention I love wreaths? Well I do. And looky here. This one already has our last name's initial on it. Perfect:




8. Another table decoration that is super simple. You may even be able to gather the acorns from your yard:




9. One last table decoration. For a slightly different look you can get white pumpkins, candle holder, pine cones, and branches. And there you have it:




10. And, last but not least. I just LOVE this idea. You take a piece of paper and write down (or type) what you are thankful for, roll it up into a dinner roll, and bake it up. Then, you try and guess who wrote each one. Awesome:



Next week, I'll be showing you a list of what will be on my table. What's your favorite Thanksgiving dish?

No comments:

Post a Comment